Important Safety Information!
- Remind your child to always follow their bus driver’s instructions at the bus stop. Students must follow their bus drivers hand signals to enter and exit the bus safely.
- Students should be AT their designated bus stop,visible to the bus driver. A school bus driver must pay attention to other motorists and road hazards and cannot be looking in garages and houses for students.
- Be sure someone responsible walks with your child and waits with them at the bus stop.
- Kindergarten students MUST have a parent or guardian meet the bus in order to be dropped off, if someone different will be meeting the bus please call the Transportation Office so we can inform the driver of the change.
- Be sure all backpack or clothing loose straps, drawstrings, etc. are secured so they won’t get caught in the handrail or door of the bus as they are entering or exiting.
- If possible, dress your child in bright, contrasting colors so drivers can easily see them. Take extra precaution when they are waiting at the bus stop in the dark. In cold weather, dress your child in a warm hat instead of having them wear a hood. Hoods can make it more difficult for them to hear and see traffic as they are crossing the street.
- Make sure your child leaves for the bus stop at a reasonable time to avoid rushing or running. Remember, students are required to be AT the bus stop at least 5 minutes before their scheduled pick up time.
- Show your child how to safely walk to the bus stop. Always walk on the sidewalk when possible, stay out of the street. If you must walk in the road, walk as close to the side of the road as possible, and always walk facing oncoming traffic.
- PLEASE communicate changes to your child’s transportation by email to: [email protected] or by a phone call to the Transportation Office at (440) 259-3005. The driver needs to concentrate on driving and safety at the bus stop, and cannot document requests.
Posted: Thursday, September 10, 2020