Perry Local School District Technology
Thanks to the vision, commitment and support from the Perry community, Board of Education and Perry Staff, Perry Local Schools continues to create a collaborative learning environment for all learners. This environment enables and supports students and teachers to implement transformative uses of technology while enhancing student engagement with content and promoting the development of self-directed and lifelong learning. Students will continue to transition from consumers of information to creative producers and owners of knowledge.
This transformation began several years ago when we implemented a new process for determining the technology needs within the district. Through the transformation, several committees were developed to ensure that all areas were being addressed.
- Educational Technology Committee
- Communications Technology Committee
- Infrastructure/Platform Technology Committee
- Operational Technology Committee
- Information Technology Executive Committee
These committees are tasked with ensuring that all areas with technology needs are addressed and to determine the best course of action for meeting those needs. Every technology request/need is reviewed by the appropriate committee(s) and passes through the process for validity, evaluation, investigation, approval/denial and development of an implementation action plan.
The technology department supports:
- 26 network closets throughout the district.
- Over 1800 chromebooks for 1:1 in grades 4-12
- Multiple labs (MAC and Windows)
- Multiple iPad carts
- Projectors, document cameras, Promethean boards etc.
- VOIP phone system
During FY13/14 the district underwent a complete infrastructure overhaul:
- Replaced ALL switches and servers
- Installed new 10 Gb fiber throughout the district
- Implemented a new wireless infrastructure - wireless accessibility throughout the district
This allowed for the district to ensure a continuing outstanding “technology” rich environment for our students by laying the necessary foundation to continue with our commitment to provide a “World Class” or “World Learning” environment for our students as well as our continued commitment to our school mission:
The mission of the Perry Local Schools is to inspire students to achieve excellence, pursue world class standards, and be self-directed, lifelong learners.