Transportation Bus Route Information for the
2018-2019 School Year
will be posted on Friday August 10th, 2018
We are pleased to announce NEW this year, you will find your student’s specific bus information on Infinite Campus on August 10th!
1. On the school website “Resources” drop down menu, choose “Parent Quick Links”
2. Click on “Parent Portal - Infinite Campus”
3. Log into your account
For help with your account, or if you’re new to Infinite Campus, please send your questions to:
• Email: Robin Naughton at NaughtonR@Perry-lake.org or Ann Aucelli at aucelliA@perry-lake.org
• Requests are processed Monday through Friday. Please allow 24 hours response time.
4. On your IC Campus portal top of the page, click “Select A Student”
5. Your student’s information will appear and Transportation is listed in the menu on the left of the page.
6. Your student's Bus #, In Time (Pick up time) and Out Time (Drop off time) are listed (see notes below)
IMPORTANT! Please remember! Students should arrive at the bus stop five (5) minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. The bus may not wait beyond the assigned bus stop time. Per Ohio Administrative Code (OAC 3301.83.08)
PLEASE NOTE, the times listed are APPROXIMATE and not exact and are provided as a guideline to what time your student will be picked up. Please be patient the first couple weeks of school as we finalize route times, often students need to be added/removed and this will change pick up times.
As always we will continue to strive to transport your students in the safest and most efficient manner possible. If you have questions or comment please call the Transportation Office at 440-259-3005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you at the bus stop!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND SAFETY TIPS!
* Always drop off and pick up your child at their designated bus stop. Remind your child to always follow their bus driver’s instructions at the bus stop. Children can sometimes get excited to see you after school and dart across the road before the bus driver has given them the hand signal that it’s safe to cross.
* Sometimes a substitute driver will be on your route, please be patient. Students should be AT their designated bus stop, visible to the bus driver. Students waiting in the house or garage MUST be outside waiting (not walking) to their stop. A school bus driver must pay attention to other motorists and road hazards and cannot be looking in garages and houses for students.
* Be sure someone responsible walks with your child and waits with them at the bus stop. Kindergarten students MUST have a parent or guardian meet the bus in order to be dropped off. If someone different will be meeting the bus please call the Transportation Office so they may inform the driver of the change.
* Before you leave the house, put everything that your child will need into their backpack so they won’t drop items along the way. Make sure all loose straps, drawstrings, etc. are secured so they won’t get caught in the handrail or door of the bus as they are entering or exiting.
* If possible, dress your child in bright, contrasting colors so drivers can easily see them. Take extra precaution when they are waiting at the bus stop in the dark. In cold weather, dress your child in a warm hat instead of having them wear a hood. Hoods can make it more difficult for them to hear and see traffic as they are crossing the street.
* Make sure your child leaves for the bus stop at a reasonable time to avoid rushing or running, remember, students are required to be AT the bus stop at least 5 minutes before their pick up time.
* Please give extra kisses and hugs BEFORE the bus is at your stop. Your child will need to pay attention to the bus driver’s hand signals when it’s time to get on the bus, you don’t want to distract your child OR cause the bus to wait.
* Show your child how to safely walk to the bus stop. Always walk on the sidewalk when possible, stay out of the street. If you must walk in the road, walk as close to the side of the road as possible, and always walk facing oncoming traffic.
ALWAYS communicate any changes to your child’s transportation by email at email@example.com or a phone call (440) 259-3005 The driver needs to concentrate on driving and safety at the bus stop, and cannot document requests.